Keith W Patton
AKWP Heritage Advisors was established in 2014 by Keith W Patton (BA Archaeology Hons. Master Cultural Heritage). Keith is a professional, experienced archaeologist and Heritage Advisor as listed by Aboriginal Victoria (AV), and Heritage Victoria (HV).
Keith holds a Bachelor of Arts Honours degree in Archaeology and Geography from University College Cork, Ireland. He has twelve years consulting experience in cultural heritage management working as an archaeologist and heritage advisor within the states of Victoria, Western Australia, New South Wales, Queensland, and in Ireland.
Keith completed a Master of Cultural Heritage degree in 2016 at Deakin University Burwood. This course goes beyond the boundaries of our historic heritage buildings, structures and material assets, it includes the study of intangible heritage such as cultural landscapes, folklore and dance. Intangible cultural heritage and its everyday influence on our society is of a particular interest to Keith.
Keith’s skillset extends from the analysis of historical archaeological and heritage sites to heritage impact, significance assessments and the authorship of Conservation Management Plans to ensure the appropriate management, conservation and development of our significant cultural places.
Since moving to Australia in 2005, Keith has worked on a range of cultural heritage projects including residential / industrial developments, mining / road / rail projects, gas / water / sewerage pipelines and associated infrastructure.
Keith is a member of the:
- Australian Archaeological Association (AAA),
- Australasian Society for Historical Archaeology (ASHA)
- Australia ICOMOS (International Council on Monuments and Sites). Australia ICOMOS is a non-government, not-for-profit organisation of cultural heritage professionals formed as a national chapter of ICOMOS International in 1976.
- Urban Developers Institute of Australia (UDIA)
We acknowledge that Cultural Heritage is unique and irreplaceable, both tangible and intangible, and that all sections of the Australian community place value and respect on their heritage in many different ways.
To ensure best practice cultural heritage management solutions for our clients.
- Preliminary Aboriginal Heritage Test (PAHT)
- Archaeological Risk and Impact Assessments
- Archaeological site monitoring
- Archaeological excavations
- Salvage excavations
- Cultural Heritage Management Plans (CHMP)
- Conservation Management Plans (CMP)
- Cultural Landscape Heritage Assessments
- Due Diligence Reports
- Existing Conditions Statements
- Heritage Advice
- Historical Archival Research
- Historical artefact recording, analysis and interpretation
- Historical archaeological assessment and reports
- Permit and Consent to Disturb applications
AKWP Heritage Advisors aim to assist and provide ethical heritage advice to our clients to ensure that their projects meet the requirements of Victorian heritage legislation including the Aboriginal Heritage Amendment Act 2016 and the Heritage Act 1995.
Contact us to book in your free initial consultation.